vile

Re: ./configure and flex, or not

From: Chris Green
Subject: Re: ./configure and flex, or not
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2021 13:48:46 +0100

On Fri, Jul 30, 2021 at 01:36:10PM +0100, Chris Green wrote:

> > I guess I could get http://invisible-island.net/reflex, will this provide
> > an acceptable flex?
> >
> There's no yacc for termux, but there is a bison.....
>
> So I have built reflex, will the vile build find that as a [f]lex
> replacement or do I need to change reflex to flex?

It 'just works'.....

So now I have a completely warning free ./configure....

... *and* I now get syntax highlighting colours in my ssh session
running file on Termux on my 'phone.  Don't ask me what was wrong
before but an entirely clean ./configure and make seems to have
got it working.  :-)

I have to say the whole process was faster and easier than I remember
way back when I was developing C/C++ on Solaris, it's amazing that a
'phone now packs what feels like more computing power than those
Solaris workstations did.

--
Chris Green