vrs-development

[Vrs-development] Some file system possibilities

From: Bill Lance
Subject: [Vrs-development] Some file system possibilities
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 05:09:27 -0800 (PST)

Hello Chris,

After some more thinking and work on the file system
Repository, I'm begininning to think that it may
indeed by quite possible to model a full, hiearchial
file system instead of just flat files.  A Cluster
Block might be considered the equivilant of a FS
inode.  If modeled this way, we may be able to map an
entire fs into the Mirror blocks.

This, used in combination with the chroot function for
the LDS group of binaries may let us run the full
equivilant of a dynaminc server, not just a partially
functional one.