vrs-development

Re: [Vrs-development] Mobile Agents

From: Eric Altendorf
Subject: Re: [Vrs-development] Mobile Agents
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 15:46:37 -0700

On Thursday 25 April 2002 17:07, address@hidden wrote:
> > I guess I don't fully understand the point....
> >
> > 1: Assuming that all LDS nodes are on the internet, we already have a
> > flexible, redundant, extremely reliable routing mechanism, and all nodes
> > should be capable of making direct connections to all other nodes.
>
> I think Chris meant a subset of the routing mechanism to identify all the
> LDS nodes on the internet.

I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by this...

> > 2: Why is it easier to build a node graph than to keep a table of nodes?
> > It seems to me that in searching the node graph one is building a table
> > of nodes anyway.  Being able to build a graph means you can build a
> > table...they're equivalent...
>
> The information is more dynamic. I agree a table of nodes is simplier to
> maintain. This data has to be stored in the cluster image. Even if a single
> LDS joins the VRS cluster, the table and the image will have to be
> modified. This will force the entire image to sent across. This is increase
> the bandwidth.

Why would this force the entire cluster image to be sent across?  Couldn't a
message, "Node X has joined the cluster" be sufficient?  Sorry, these are
probably dumb questions; I'm just kind of lost here.

Thanks

Eric

--
"First they ignore you.  Then they laugh at you.
 Then they fight you.  And then you win."             -Gandhi