vrs-development

Re: [Vrs-development] Distributed Filesystem

From: Eric Altendorf
Subject: Re: [Vrs-development] Distributed Filesystem
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 11:55:58 -0700

On Friday 12 July 2002 12:46, Ian Fung wrote:

> i understand where you are coming from. it is a big undertaking and
> there are many many issues that needs to be resolved. i think we
> should outline and declare exactly what needs to happen. if someone
> is interested in working on it (like me) then they can try to
> tackle some of the issues. i dont know what our timeline is, but of
> course i would like to contribute to vrs as a whole and not just
> sit in the corner and do my own thing. it would be good for us to
> sit down and do an irc session outlining all the issues around the
> distributed filesystem. we can on the first iteration have not as
> strict of a requirement. maybe we can start by doing a distribute
> file repository, with no synchronization and consistency. and then
> move on from there.

All right, cool.  I like to try to be ambitious.  We'll see how it
goes. :-)  I'll try to come up with some ideas...

> how does sometime this weekend sound? chris? let me know.

I already have an auth-group meeting at -- I think -- 18:30UTC Sunday
the 18th.  If we could do it around then that'd be great for me,
since I'll probably be away from the computer for much of the rest of
the weekend.  How does that sound?  How about irc.openprojects.net,
channel #dotgnu-vrs?

eric

--
"First they ignore you.  Then they laugh at you.
 Then they fight you.  And then you win."             -Gandhi