wb-discuss

[Wb-discuss] bad block number error

From: Floris Ouwendijk
Subject: [Wb-discuss] bad block number error
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 15:24:30 +0100

Hi,

I'm working on an Java application for which I'd like to use WB to
store a mapping from a 10 byte key to a 20 byte value.
When running some tests I ran into the following error:
The key is essentially a number, stored with the 8 bytes in little
endian order, followed by another 2 byte number. In the test I
sequentially store numbers, starting from zero, and the error occurs
(consistently) when storing a few tens of thousands values.

Some snippets:
        Ents.initWb(12, 100, 4096);
        btreeSeg = Segs.makeSeg("_index_", 4096);
        btree = Han.hanMakeHan();
        Segs.btCreate(btreeSeg, Wbdefs.dirTyp, btree, 1);
        Handle.btGet(btree, idToKey(id, 1), 10, valueArray);
        Handle.btPut(btree, idToKey(id, 1), 10, createValueArray(...), 20);

When I reverse the small number and the big number in the key, the
system successfully inserts a few million items, but I'm concerned
about this behavior.

Would anyone have some thoughts on what's up?
Any ideas on how to select the values passed to Ents.initWb?
What type to choose?
Is the way I create a Han object correct?

Kind regards,

Floris