web-hurd

Re: Errors in the Hurd User's Guide

From: Tom Hart
Subject: Re: Errors in the Hurd User's Guide
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 10:53:25 -0500

Matthew and I both lost commit access to the guide about a year ago when those problems with Savannah hit. The wwwhurd repository, where the guide was stored, is now empty. The user's guide is now in the main Hurd repository, which I don't have any access to.

If Rob's interested in working on the User's Guide, he has my blessing if he'd like to become the new maintainer. (Yours too, Matthew?) Neither Matthew or I are currently doing any work on it.

As for copyright assignments, Gordon Matzigkeit signed his over to the FSF, but copyrights on contributions by Thomas Bushnell, Matthew Grant, and myself are currently held by their respective contributors.

Please keep CCing me if this discussion continues - I'm not subscribed to this list anymore.

- Tom

Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:

  I'm a GNU/Linux user and was recently introducted to the Hurd
  project.  Reading through the user guide
  (http://www.gnu.org/software/hurd/users-guide/using_gnuhurd.html) I
  noticed a number of minor errors. If you'd like, I'd be more than
  willing to edit the user guide for spelling and grammar as well as
  content (to the limited extent that I can).

Any such updates would surley be apperciated.

But I am not sure what the rules for getting this applied are.
Thomas, what rules do you want to be followed? I'm assuimng you are
the maintainer of said guide.  Do you want to proof check the stuff
before it gets committed?  What about copyright assignments?

--
Thomas E. Hart
M. Sc. Student, Computer Systems Group