web-hurd

HURD development more visible

From: Arne Babenhauserheide
Subject: HURD development more visible
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 11:26:44 +0100

Hi,

Could you make the commit-mailinglist archives a bit more prominent (for
example put a link to them on the "What's New", the main and the ChangeLog
page as direct link?

My whole semester tried to find recent information, but nobody (me included)
seemed to be able to find their way to the mailinglist archives, even though
those are the only user-visible log of the changes in the HURD (I could
find).

For bypassers who just want an impression of the HURD, these need to be just
one _prominent_ click away from the site.

More exactly: Link for users:
- http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-hurd/

Link for developers:
- http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/commit-hurd/
(I'm just reading in on that to see what happens, even though i can't program
myself - I just think that the HURD is the most important missing piece for
GNU and for free software which is true to its spirit, and so I want to know
what happens to it)

Best wishes,
Arne
PS: I just dugg your Google SoC News:
http://www.digg.com/linux_unix/The_GNU_Hurd_meets_Google_SoC
If you know some people who can spread it, please get them on :)