web-trans-coord-discuss

[Web-trans] Re: automation of news updates

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: [Web-trans] Re: automation of news updates
Date: 07 Nov 2004 14:37:59 +0000

Hi Alex, thanks for providing a translation!

Alex Muntada <address@hidden> writes:

> * Praveen Kamat <address@hidden>:
>   [2004-10-11 08:58:18 -0700]
>
> > Nic is working on an automation of news updates for
> > the home page and the whatsnew page. He has deviced a
> > system for largely automating translations.
> > We want to encourage as many translations of the
> > <whatsnew.txt> file as we have translations of the
> > home page.
>
> Nick, I just uploaded the whatsnew.ca.txt and whatsnew.ca.xslt
> Catalan translations into CVS. Should I add Catalan to the
> whatsnew_translations.xml file also? Or should I wait for the
> whatsnew.ca.html to be made and check it first before adding the
> Catalan language?

Update the whatsnew_translations.xml file to ensure that your
translation appears in the list of links available from the
whatsnew.html page (and all the translations).

To ensure that your translation is automated you should add
whatsnew.ca.html to the target:

  gnunews.i18n

in the /rss/Makefile.

If you don't want to do that let me know and I will do it for you.

Thanks!

--
Nic Ferrier
http://www.tapsellferrier.co.uk