web-trans-coord-discuss

[Web-trans] Catalog ready for Nov 14th CatBecca.com Auction + announceme

From: Catbecca.com
Subject: [Web-trans] Catalog ready for Nov 14th CatBecca.com Auction + announcements
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 01:37:46 -0500

** no replies at this address use address@hidden **

This Sundays auction features many fine antiques and collectibles. We featuring
many fabulous prints, along with many gorgeous glass and porcelain pieces. Some
of our featured items are;ROYAL BAYREUTH COW PORTRAIT CRM & SGR, NIPPON SATSUMA
STYLE RARE BIRD VASE, HOBBS BLUE OPALESCENT POLKA DOT PITCHER, NORTHWOOD VERRE
DOR COBALT GOLD BOWL,  I CARNITHAM ORIGINAL PLATE ETCHING 1812, MAYAN POTTERY
FRAGMENT FORM OF A MONKEY AD 700, just to name a few of the fantastic pieces
that we are auctioning this Sunday. We also have a many outstanding pieces of
Limoges, Fenton, Art Glass, Pottery, and fine porcelain. We look forward to
seeing you this Sunday for another fabulous auction.

CB Technologies (software division of CatBecca.com) is bringing to market a new
version of software which should carve a new pathway for e-commerce.  We have
$500K raised privately and need another $250K before we can place a greenlight
on the project (estimated $750K to bring to market).  Since this is
groundfloor, only accredited individuals / professional groups can get involved
-- sorry.  If you have an interest, you will need to contact us by phone at
260-418-6576.  Signed ND documents will be required,  no general information
will be sent out.  Public announcements will begin on this project in the first
quarter of 2005.  Sorry to be cryptic,  but we want to keep the lid on
pandora's box for now.

CatBecca.com Auctions
www.catbecca.com
260-418-6576

Sign up for catalogs / CD slide show NOW at address@hidden before we start to
charge for it.  Catalog will be ready in December 2004.  Make sure you look for
our article on this estate in AntiqueWeek National Section Dec 13th!

Coming in March 2005 - request catalog at address@hidden before we charge for
them!

We are proud to offer up for auction, the estate of
Florence (Fu) Eleanor Ueltzen.

In the year 1900, amidst the smoke and flames of the Boxer Rebellion, the
terror and trials of life, a fragment of beauty, so rare and so exquisite in
form, emerged like that of a Phoenix Rising from the Ashes?c

Several bulks of Chinese silver bullion, equivalent to the size of a small
dining table, were discovered by the American military. While heavily guarded
at the Tientsin Imperial Mint, luminaries such as China?fs Grand Duke,Li
Hongzhang, and members of the late Imperial family, Qing dynasty, came to a
decision that would both honor and behold their western redeemers for many
years to come, and to set forth a story of such History and Honor; a large
?gbowl?h crafted entirely of that Sterling, and a number of commemorative sets
of tea services to be fashioned by the renowned studio of Arthur and Bond, of
Yokohama, Japan.

Thus, as History beholds, the items were created, but for members of society of
discerning stature: The Liscum Bowl and coordinating ?gcups?h, an additional
Tea Service, & The William Boyce Thompson Tea Service.

William Boyce Thompson, a pillar of stature in his own right, twice a delegate
to the Republican National Convention (1916, 1920); Director of the Federal
Reserve Bank of New York, (1914-1919); also noted philanthropist and financier
of mining interests in Montana, Nevada and Arizona; benefactor of the William
Boyce Institute and Arboretum, came to commission one of these immaculate tea
sets.

On behalf of Catbecca.com Auctions, it is our esteemed pleasure to present to
the World Wide Community, The William Boyce Thompson Tea Service, of Liscum
Bowl Provenance, of circa 1906.

Furthermore, such items of great historical and Imperial Qing and Dynasty,
Catbecca.com Auctions, http://www.catbecca.com, cordially extends an invitation
for your attendance as we honor the craftsman, the dignitary, the genius, and
the estate of Florence ?gFu?h Eleanor Ueltzen.

Comprising of over 500 individual lots, many highly regarded 19th and 20th
century studios are well represented within this offering.

Items and works of Art so rare and so perfect in form: signed Tiffany Furnaces
and Studios of New York, Favrille glass vases; Studios of Yokohama, Japan;
authenticated Arthur and Bond, Sterling Silver items; priceless original
designs by master jeweler Dolph Ueltzen, of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (brother
of Florence); rare examples of carved and molded Celadon, Soapstone, and White
Jade, a lot of museum quality art-research books, Early American Folk Art of
the 19th Century including Portraits,

Followed by superb dining sets, decorative items including period Netsuke, an
amazing collection of antiquated and sought after Snuff Bottles, early 20th
Century rosewood display cases, rare examples of Imperial Porcelain, Green
Jade, White Celadon, Green Celadon, Textiles, Chop Marks and imprints; items of
curatorial, cultural and historical aspects; items in relation to the Madame
Chiang Kai-Shek generation; items of astounding interest to Philadelphia,
Pennslyvania, and New York History; Chinese and Japanese Export Furnishings of
the first quarter of the 20th Century, and most times, earlier; items of
Imperial Chinese Ancestry:

Empress Dowager Cixi, Empress Xiaoqin Xian,
?F?????U?[?C?N???????????????????????z?V???????c?@ ;

Xuantong Emperor, Aisin-Gioro Puyi, ?????c??, ????, ????.

An entire private collection, assembled over several decades by a trained eye,
and never before viewed under public scrutiny, each lot represents a collection
of a lone survivor of the era that lives inside the covers of history and
storybooks, Catbecca.com Auctions is pleased to provide the setting for this
truly amazing and once in a lifetime opportunity.

Of astounding provenance and historical importance, this collective of items
features pieces that have literally survived the test of time. It should be
noted, that through the vision of Florence ?gFu?h Eleanor Ueltzen, many of
these items escaped the calamity of the Cultural Revolution, and the subsequent
elimination of many historical artifacts.

- an event you must not miss !