web-trans-coord-discuss

[Web-trans] Re: Translation Coordination Status

From: Praveen Kamat
Subject: [Web-trans] Re: Translation Coordination Status
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 03:18:48 -0800 (PST)

--- Alex Muntada <address@hidden> wrote:

> To summarize:
>
> * <address@hidden>:
> If you like the idea of asking for a new RT queue, I
> will ask
> sysadmin, request them to change the
> web-translator-manager
> alias and add spam filters to web-trans too.

Yes, I agree. We definitely need a  separate RT queue
for translation coordination to help track and manage
the requests as also admin privileges to the web-trans
mailing list.

> * <address@hidden>:
> One of you (Dwayne or Praveen) who are already
> developers on the
> trans-coord project should ask savannah-hackers for
> admin rights
> (if no response is sent in 1 week, resend the
> request CC to rms).

Will do. But it is my understanding that the mailing
lists creation feature within the savannah projects is
 still inactive.

Attached is the updated
<http://www.gnu.org/server/standards/README.translations.html>
page based on the responses I received so far. I have
opted to remove the inactive team lead contacts in the
'Translations Underway' section in an effort to
accurately reflect the current situation. Please
review and publish if it looks ok to you.

Thanks
Praveen
GNU/FSF Translation Coordinator

http://mail.yahoo.com

Guide to Translating www.gnu.org Web Pages

 [image of the typing GNU] [ English | Indonesian ]

Table of Contents

General Guide

Two-letter Language Codes

What to Translate

Linking Other Documents

Translations into Other Languages

Filenames

Tools to Help Translators

Keeping Translations Current

Translations Underway

The two-letter language code is followed by the name of the language, and the name and e-mail address of the translation team leader.
Translation Teams: Note that is a special case. The bulk of the site is written in English, which is the de-facto language of the GNU Project. We occasionally need original documents written in other languages translated into English. If you can help with this, please contact <address@hidden>.

Final Notes

  • If you translate a page for www.gnu.org, please insert the following tag, in the <HEAD>...</HEAD> (or <head> for xhtml) section. Where address@hidden is the forwarding address for your translations team:
    <link rev="translated" href-"mailto:address@hidden" />

    [ English | Indonesian ]