websec-users

Re: Websec and Digest Authentication

From: Patrick Healy
Subject: Re: Websec and Digest Authentication
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 10:55:02 -0500

Normal web authentication sends that user/pw combination over the net
in cleartext; digest is a  technology that encrypts them using MD5
before sending. I've tried that technique as well, but unfortunately
the call that websec uses (authorization_basic, I believe, doesn't
support digest auth, and I don't know enough LWP to fix it.)

Thanks anyway, though, Dominik! I appreciate the effort.

Patrick Healy