websec-users

"Competitor" for Web Secretary

From: mountains
Subject: "Competitor" for Web Secretary
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2006 13:43:57 +0100

When I searching FSF/UNESCO Free Software Directory <http://directory.fsf.org>
I found that there is certain application that isn't list in "Competitors"
section on your web site Baruch <http://baruch.ev-en.org/proj/websec>. This
applications is calld "checkurls".

You can find it on <http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/checkurls>. This
software is written in shell script and contains two modules: checkurl and
checkurls.

Checkurls collect list of URLs to check taking these options:
<http://www.nongnu.org/checkurls/checkurls/Configuration.html#Configuration>.
Manual you can find on <http://www.nongnu.org/checkurls/checkurls/index.html>.

Checkurl work separately on every URL and take these options:
<http://www.nongnu.org/checkurls/checkurl/Configuration.html#Configuration>.
Manual is here: <http://www.nongnu.org/checkurls/checkurl/index.html>.

I tentative analysed features of checkurls and can tell that main weakness in
comparison with Web Secretary is that there is not ignore system, which is
essential nowadays, where majority web sites are dynamically generated.

I want to know your opinions, what do you think?