weechat-support

Re: [Weechat-support] weechat-curses appears to pollute the GNU/screen s

From: Chris Jones
Subject: Re: [Weechat-support] weechat-curses appears to pollute the GNU/screen status line
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 20:26:57 -0400

On Sat, Jun 30, 2012 at 11:50:19AM EDT, FlashCode wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 12:59:56PM -0400, Chris Jones wrote:

> > I'm on debian squeeze and I recently upgraded to the backports version
> > of weechat (0.3.8) from the stable version (0.3.2) and I noticed that
> > I now have ‘weechat 0.3.8’ displayed in my GNU screen status line:

[..]

> Hi Chris,
>
> Try that to not change the title (as far as I remember, this has not
> changed recently):
>
> /set weechat.look.set_title off
>
> (for help about option: /help weechat.look.set_title)

[..]

Hello, Sébastien.

Looks like it does the trick.

What's odd is that after issuing the command, I shut down weechat-curses
and the option is still set to ‘on’ in ~/.weechat/weechat.rc.. And yet,
when I bounce screen, the problem does not occur any more.

I'll test again on a ‘clean’ session when it's a bit more convenient to
shut down X .. see what happens.

I don't see the debian install/upgrade messing around with conf files in
my home directory.. so I have no idea what could have changed.

Only thing that I should mention is that weechat deb's were held back
for some reason, and I eventually decided to force the install by
running an explicit apt-get install against weechat* packages .. i.e.
apt-get upgrade refused to download the latest version.

Anyway, I'll post an update if I find anything further..

Thanks,

CJ

--
Focus follow mouse users will burn in hell!!!