wget-dev

Re: wget2 | Attach Windows executable to 2.1.0 release (#647)

From: Michael Setzer II (@msetzerii)
Subject: Re: wget2 | Attach Windows executable to 2.1.0 release (#647)
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2023 11:42:49 +0000

Michael Setzer II commented:
https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/-/issues/647#note_1628119600

I just ran the build process I had gotten from Tim Ruhsen on my Fedora 38
machine using the docker?
Get these results for size of the wget2.exe
Size at end of build is with debug info included.
24993339 Oct 31 21:28 wget2-2.1.0.exe
Size after running strip on file
 4537344 Oct 31 21:30 wget2-2.1.0-strip.exe
Size after using upx to further compress file.
 2386432 Oct 31 21:30 wget2-2.1.0-strip-upx.exe
Not familiar with docker at all, but with help from Tim Ruhsen was able to get
it to build, but some things didn't follow exactly.
wget2-2.1.0-trip-upx.exe --version

GNU Wget2 2.1.0 - multithreaded metalink/file/website downloader

+digest +https +ssl/gnutls +ipv6 +iri +large-file -nls -ntlm -opie +psl -hsts
-iconv +idn2 +zlib -lzma -brotlidec -zstd -bzip2 -lzip +http2 -gpgme

Copyright (C) 2012-2015 Tim Ruehsen
Copyright (C) 2015-2021 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

<http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>.

Please send bug reports and questions to <bug-wget@gnu.org>.

Have used it with up to 10 threads and seems to work fine. Above that had
issues, but that is running under wine. Might be different on native Windows.
Use linux version with 70 threads with no issues?

Just for info.

https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/-/issues/647#note_1628119600