www-zh-cn-authors

[Chinese-authors] tracer

From: Candida Garner
Subject: [Chinese-authors] tracer
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 21:54:27 -0300

They had beenmerely dark hands holding papers, dark voices that were over-ingratiating. They laughed at her like a family who love one another. Where could he look at a gathering of them? Im afraid that doesnt sound toocomplimentary! Cant do nothin with these biggity young Nothnniggahs, no suh! Certainly he had never looked at the Negrocallers who had arranged with him for bank loans. They were all seated now, though only Neil looked settled andcomfortable. It makes me mad that he should have to be almostobsequious to a louse of a bank clerk like me. Where could he look at a gathering of them? He had never done much in the youthfully-beseeching line; yet, hewas solicitous now with Emerson. Daddy, I never did have such alovely birthday, not in all my life. And in just the tone of Vestals mother then, Mrs. He was wearing a blue-gray herring-bone suitexactly like the newest pride of Neils father. It makes me mad that he should have to be almostobsequious to a louse of a bank clerk like me. She sleeps with every no-countniggah in town. He was, in fact, deciding, This Davis is a bright-looking fellow. Well, Kingsblood, there is a chance for you, if you canrecognize your superiors. What Neil was trying to say, without offense, was betterunderstanding of Negroes. Biddy romped up to him, her eyes diamonds for happiness. Thatgentle fusser fussed gently, Got any furtherer on our royal path,Neilly? Judge Cass Timberlane had once said that Dr. I said to them,Hes about my oldest friend, that boy, and am I proud of him! But, at whatever risk of being snubbed, Neilwasnt having it. On his way home, he stopped for a cocktail with his father. Im sure I didnt act like that when I was in high school andOberlin. Honestly, Wash, I had no idea of laughing. I shall go softlyall my days in the bitterness of my soul. My father and mother, and this young lady is my niece,Phoebe. Besides,our customers would kick like hell! On aplatform in front was a choir of nine girls in black gowns andmortar boards. It makes me mad that he should have to be almostobsequious to a louse of a bank clerk like me. Well, they were waiting, and he tried to speak out. The Woolcapes stared at him with a silence that could become eitherwelcome or hostility. Honestly, Wash, I had no idea of laughing. The little bell quacked, and the amiable crowd bobbed slowly up thesteps, shyly followed by Neil. Where could he look at a gathering of them? Neil was not conscious of how humble he had become to this venerableelder of his race. He sat down between twocolored people and they seemed to him very much like people.