www-zh-cn-authors

[Chinese-authors] besiege black eye

From: Essie Leblanc
Subject: [Chinese-authors] besiege black eye
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 03:05:38 -0400

Mr James Lees bull was coming straight towards her andwas less than twenty yards away. I forgot AuntElizabeth had told me I could not have donuts between meals. He canonly have one candle and the light is very dim. Itwill do no harm and MAY do some good, if theres anything in thisyarn of hers. If Aunt Elizabeth is willing you can havemy necklace of Venetian beads. She turned her back on Emily in silence but Emily knew that she hadwon her second victory. Shetossed her own head and started homeward. We have brekfast by candlelight now and I like it. After dinner she stole mournfully away through the old orchard downthe pasture to the pond. Iwas just playing a joke and Perry said, Dont you play any morejokes on Emily or Ill joke you. Emily coolly lifted up one of the planks, knelt on the others andpeered down. I et an apple Lofty John hadpoisoned for rats. We have tobe very careful what we do on Sundays. Her chance came one Saturday when she was prowling alone in the oldgraveyard. She must write her a note and forgive her. She only hoped desperately that some one would comebefore she was dead. When I got home I looked in the glass to see if my hair had turnedwhite. He wasasking Aunt Tom about me last week but I didnt mean to hire outthen. We have begun to eat the big beef ham that hung in the south-westcorner of the kitchen. Ilse and Teddy came, too, on some evenings. But there will be much more beautiful things in heaven. I didnt think it was because youcould say it just as well in prose. The old oat-bag in which CousinJimmy had imprisoned it was floating out into the pond. They stood and looked at each other for a moment. Sheclenched her cold hands and tried to stop trembling. It was hard to see the others eating them. Perryis head of his class in school already. She had thought she wasgoing to live for years and write great poems and be famous likeMrs Hemans. But it was crewel of Cora Lee to tell me she had lost it when shehad not and harrow up my mind so. Oh, dont you like the world at night, Ilse? Emily hankered secretly for aride in Old Kellys waggon. He would not have exchanged places with oneof them. Lofty John dropped his plane, threw up his hands and looked atEmily with a horrified face. So we dont go only when Teddy coaxes very hard. The rest of us are in the sitting-room,but I am allowed to go out and help Perry with his lessons. Emily hankered secretly for aride in Old Kellys waggon.