www-zh-cn-authors

[Chinese-authors] molasses snoop

From: Rose Norton
Subject: [Chinese-authors] molasses snoop
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 17:07:55 -0500

Perhaps withoutLucia she could not have puzzled it out so quickly. The mayor-postmaster musthave been more than usually impressive. And after that to the old tower on the hill I can see from thechâteau. Ah, it will be like this in America, will it not, Denis? The wind tangled their curls together as it would if theyhad both been dead. Had he not followed her allthe way from Paris? America, perhaps, or Ireland, he had relativesthere. For a moment it seemed to Maria that she was descending intodarkness. Exit, thought thecaptain, I shall now be left in peace at least for some time. Over the road through the notch in thehill, they would ride off together, some day, soon.
He was writing a merchant at Marseillesabout a ship. You must trust me, Maria, I shall find a way. Lucia and I have packed luncheon and brought it along.
To Lucia what seemed more natural than that madame should have acavalier. But thenames of the gravestones of her generation had weathered away.
Doubtless the château was a delight to her. He rapped on the floor and brought up thelandlord.
Her lips moved andthe tears came into her eyes. What more did she need than his assurance? Her interest inthe affair became quite enthusiastic. That tallest footman had carried somenotes for her before to Denis at Versailles. Suddenly the womenturned and both gazed in the same direction.
From that moment shefelt herself to be his. The message was safely delivered, monsieur.
Doubtless the château was a delight to her.
That would cause talk and might get back to thechâteau.
She flicked the horse with her whip, half amazed at her ownsureness and firmness of grasp.
The thought of not making the still painful Royat drive twice a daywas an immense relief.
That cloud that evennow she felt was just over the horizon.
The fat man cried out at the grip he received from the gentlemanunder the cover. But tonight let there be nothing, nothing to spoil hisdream. Remember after all a week is NOT so long.
Who could tell about the far-off days to come?
Hehad forgotten to say so, he remembered now.
Lucia withsurprise and fear in her eyes grasped the sides of the vehicletighter. I did not know I could be so glad tosee you waving that evening.