www-zh-cn-authors

[Chinese-authors] petty bewildered

From: Clementina Hanna
Subject: [Chinese-authors] petty bewildered
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 23:27:25 -0500

For the present, if you tell all you know, you shall go free.
There was shouting and a great noise of hurrying feet.
Dorje has invented something new, thats all. Wecould not escape by way of the corridor.
And the startling thing was,not that they were there but that they looked like gentlemen.
I will tell you, face to face, as one friend to another. And now they tell me that the other set on fire thePrefecture. You ought to be able to guess thatfrom experience. Someone ran in from the switchboard to say that the Prefect waswanted at once on the phone. You may set down what wassaid to you, and what you said, and what you overheard.
And now they tell me that the other set on fire thePrefecture.
A man in uniform stood outside the passage. Guido put that brass thing in Harouns cabin, I suggested. Hespoke, but I could not catch what he said because of the noisethe crowd was making.
He beckoned me, and I stood guard over the Princess.
I demanded, in the best French Ican muster. Jeemgreem, you and I must talk alone together.
There was nothing in front thatwould come open.
The door opened and two detectivesentered, escorting Haroun, looking sheepish. He had permitted de la Tournee to stealfor his own use two of Dorjes weapons. She considers you a great oaf and she believes Im wonderful. Even the Prefect might be heraccomplice, or at least her dupe.
Two were missing fromthe barrels in which they were delivered. Dorje has a saying, that they are fortunate who die before thegame begins.
So Jeff and I went in search of her, not relishing our job.
It isnt that thebrave old fellow had to die. And you have brought your famousand inseparable R-Ramsden.
Play the fool with her and make her think youre clever, heretorted. Wasnt Baltis the name of the Queen of Sheba?