www-zh-cn-authors

[Chinese-authors] advantage civics

From: Charlie Mahoney
Subject: [Chinese-authors] advantage civics
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 20:44:13 -0000

Perhaps seven and a-half would meet the case.
He will die for his principles; no harm in that. His defence was that he thoughtthey were medicine. Everything had been cleared away except those glasses, which mywaiters had overlooked. As matters stand, a child above seven who commits an offenceagainst the law is a criminal. It may be that the girl did not want to marry; that would put anothercomplexion on the affair. A residenttells me that seven out of ten English visitors at this season arewomen. We putthem into brothels for the use of anybody who cares to go there. They manage these things better, out East. But that is not the ideal ofthose whom we could spare most easily.
Roubaud says:Ils sont nes: cest leur crime.
For your prig is a person with fixed principles, who can therefore seeonly one side of a question. There he died at apatriarchal age, after writing memoirs which are a veritable godsend. Victor Perosino, theproprietor, was at a loss to account for a visit of this character.
What trouble it hascost, hitherto, to obtain the repeal of some hopelessly senileexactment!
They believe in expediency asopposed to abstract principles.
So much for the enslaving of women by Hindus. Whendid our interest in such things begin? As matters stand, a child above seven who commits an offenceagainst the law is a criminal. So much for the enslaving of women by Hindus.
Far from it, though their equipment mightnot always be adequate for modern needs. Godhath taken away my reproach, said Rachel, when she bore her son. Roubaud says:Ils sont nes: cest leur crime.
He willpersecute others for his principles, and this is what makes him such anuisance.
People would sooner take their chance of being fined for not doing so.
It may be that the girl did not want to marry; that would put anothercomplexion on the affair.
It is difficult to conceive in whatcircumstances a boy of sixteen can deserve death by hanging.
When our racial intelligence began to decline.
In everycase, there seem to be two sides to this question as to theirill-treatment.
We putthem into brothels for the use of anybody who cares to go there. It is not likely, but I cannot tellfor certain. We do not put girls into temples for the use of the priests.
Judged by this test, the French stand in the front rank of civilizedpeople. Something, maybe, about the deplorable consequences of a reverence forout-of-date principles.
We putthem into brothels for the use of anybody who cares to go there.
Now the extreme views of these two holy men may be impugned.