www-zh-cn-authors

[Chinese-authors] outclass

From: Cornelia Harmon
Subject: [Chinese-authors] outclass
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 12:35:59 +0300

But there came a day when these could be repressed nolonger. Carleton hadapparently heard it, or most of it, before. You sold for three dollars and a quarter a share!
You have forgotten whatI said in the beginning. Mary left the room, still conscience-smitten, but stilldoubtful and much troubled in mind.
As thatfunction had been arranged principally in his honor, Mrs.
But there aint anyCummingses in THAT church. Ben is fond of the game, Iveheard him say so. Those people knowmore about such things than you do.
She led, almost dragged, her mistress into the sitting room. And he never got in until most twelve; Iknow, cause I was awake and heard him. Most ofthem are fishermen or clam diggers, I judge, so I am going to be asnautical as the deuce.
Ben is fond of the game, Iveheard him say so. Subsequent meetings had increased the dislike.
They called an assessment which I couldnt afford topay. That isthe worst of these old family retainers, they get to think they arepart owners of the place. Mary left the room, still conscience-smitten, but stilldoubtful and much troubled in mind. I did thinkI was the only touchy one in this house, but I guess it runs in thefamily. Her housekeeping and that portrait belong inthe same age.
It is her house, of course, but she is good enough to askme to share it with her. Ive been making a few notes for that lecture of mine to-morrownight, he said.
I did not meanto be selfish in making it, I meant to be even generous. Why did you take it away without consulting me?
And business-like he would be from thatmoment on.
I may be heapin coals of fire, but thatsneither here nor yonder.
Her housekeeping and that portrait belong inthe same age.
If I didnt likeyou I never should take the trouble to say them. Its not my affair, Mary, she said, and you can tell me to mindmy own business whenever you like.
Probably all thiswill work out well enough, perhaps better than well enough. If Miss Wise did know she was in the minority, but her learning didnot add to her popularity.
Yes, she said, in answer to the ministers question, were allnicely, thank you. Marys first remark, when she came into the room, was concerningthe open window.
So Mary departed to console and reassure Mrs.