www-zh-cn-authors

[Chinese-authors] dollhouse

From: Vivien Braun
Subject: [Chinese-authors] dollhouse
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 13:59:40 -0000

You have the most disgusting mental pictures.
Life is very mixed, sir: itis not all piety and it is not all gaiety. I used to be a religious man; but Im not so clear aboutit as I was.
Do justice; lovemercy; and walk humbly before your God.
Thats a hard fact ofhuman nature; and its one of the facts that religion has to makeroom for.
Since you express your regret, I supposethere is nothing more to be said. A fortnight might do; but I dontknow for certain yet.
Theres only one other white woman withinfifty miles; and shes a real lady. I neverdreamt that the idea of marriage had occurred to either of us.
Many soldiers do: to them a woman is no more than a jarof marmalade, to be consumed and put away.
You fool, there is no such thing as a lady.
Well, somebody must think about them, or whats goingto become of us all? But I didnt know that the rich weremiserable.
You cant kissand talk about religion at the same time. He is now so enormously rich thatI cannot afford to keep up his acquaintance. Itincreases to shattering intensity as it approaches. Mrs Mopply appears striding resolutelyalong the beach.
Meek: you should not tantalize your commanding officer. Well, theres no road in a wilderness: you have to make one.
Well, sir, Id never let a son of mine talk to melike that.