www-zh-cn-authors

[Chinese-authors] massacre leathery

From: Susanna Spencer
Subject: [Chinese-authors] massacre leathery
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 18:47:58 +0200

Suddenly I came out of heavy sleep with a start. We ran before it,and it was like the swee-gee we used to play at when we wereladdies.
Often I argued it out with him, but I did not seem able to comforthim rightly. I think I must have slept for a couple of hours. That stood at the west end on a pediment with three steps. When I came to it was morning, and the storm had abated.
Butthere is one living to-day somewhere in Scotland. There was far more real power, someone argued, in the profession ofprophet.
But he confessed himself absolutely beaten.
The news pleased me, for bedwas the best place for him.
I foundmyself looking suddenly at a bath of sunshine with the lake belowas blue as a turquoise. Iused to visit his dingy little room and find him fairly grizzledand shrunken with fatigue. Its no aquestion of my bowing in the house of Rimmon.
ForI knew something about the islands, of which I supposed this to beone.
If you understand a mans work well enoughyou can guess pretty accurately what hell look like. It wasunbelievably light and airy, as brilliant as an Italian colonnadein midsummer. When I drew in my head I felt that if I was to get any sleepsomething must be done.
Here there were nearly three thousand heathens sitting ontheir hunkers.
A manJohnston, who used to bide in the same close as me in Glasgow.
This isnt a story about him, though there is a good story which Imay tell you another time.
I wont leave you, but what earthly good am I to you if you wonttake my advice? We ran before it,and it was like the swee-gee we used to play at when we wereladdies.
Land will swallow up money quicker than thesea.
Its about his political career, as he calls it. A cypher, since it dealswith numbers, is a horrible field for mathematical ingenuity. Iwanted to get out, and Dubellay wanted to get me out.
Christoph had a modest kurhaus at a placecalled Rosensee in the Sächischen Sweitz. Idid it, at the cost of much of my raiment and my skin.
Were in the twentieth centuryand not in the third. It is not easy to describe my impressions of that place.
There he was captured by the savages, and taken,like me, to their city. There was no bell to be found, so I lit mycandle and set out to find a servant.
It had once beencoloured, and fragments of a green pigment remained in the locks. And yet I had scarcely entered before I knew that it was a prison.
It came again, a horrid scream of panic andtorture.
I fancy any of the recognised ritual stuffwould do.