www-zh-cn-authors

[Chinese-authors] welder

From: Joey Hahn
Subject: [Chinese-authors] welder
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 14:59:55 -0700

Three sturdy fellows with five minutes work coulduncover the badgers earth.
He had remembered that Morag was immured in the cheese-house, andwould probably be pretty thirsty.
Oh, Peter John, what a mess weve made of everything!
It was a scene asmacabre as any nightmare, but it was orderly too. That gives DIngraville time to do the deuce of a lot ofdamage.
Ive made a deuceof a mess of things, and I thought I was being rather clever. And then I looked at the foreground, where apath from the harbour climbed on to the terrace.
His absence gave him a dreadful sense ofconfusion and impotence. Atleast you have deceived me very prettily, and I am not easilydeceived.
Our enemies were out for business, and their ways would not begentle. Before he reached the Bird Marsh the weather had changed with avengeance.
I said the weather would change in theafternoon, and its jolly well going to. The one thing that mattered was that he himself should keepout of their hands.
Kill us, or hide us away somewhere for good.
I tried to make a picture of Sandyhurrying to our rescue, but got little comfort out of it.
But there wassomething feline in it, like the purring of a cat. I must have smiled, for Sandy looked at mesharply.
Back to your sties, you swine, orI shoot.
Every eye of them was on to Peter John, andafter a moments hesitation they began to move forward.
At first he did not realize that this meant salvation.
Sendhim forward, and Ill let him indoors.
For myself I chose the roof, whichgave me a prospect of the whole terrain.
He must have thought, not only that wewere helpless, but that we were unsuspecting. But the three leaders made the clearest andsharpest impact on my mind.