www-zh-cn-authors

[Chinese-authors] outlandish

From: Theresa Noble
Subject: [Chinese-authors] outlandish
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2006 17:30:25 +0900

Labourhad been in, if not in real power, for months, and the heavenshad only lowered. The room waspainted in panels of a sub-golden hue, with a silver-colouredceiling. The eyes regarded him gravely, the lips smiled faintly.
We published him, you know, but at his own expense.
Well, I hope she wont be jealous of your sister!
And for two minutes he sat in a sort of trance.
Ive known him bite clean through a ladys stockings. He found that the exercise jogged both his liver and his temper.
When he entered the hotel lounge Francis Wilmot, still in ridingclothes, was alone.
Im cramping you, she said, and raised herself; but his armrestored her.
Do you always know what your brother would like? He was in favour, too, of what was said about growing foodand making England safe in the air.
In that case, said Soames, itll never go down with their rankand file. Again Francis Wilmot shrugged his shoulders.
The young man was conscious that she had uttered at last somethingreally in her mind. Its quite usual, and about the samescrew.
We live on my needle, and that is notearning much, a pound a week and sometimes nothing.
But he watched her; indeed, hewas always trying to catch the grave enticing look in her darkeyes. Were frightfully handy for the House,here.
Most do, when they ride at all; but we dont ride much nowadays. How he would miss watching for thoseeyes to be fixed on him.