www-zh-cn-authors

[Chinese-authors] knee-high

From: Israel Rubio
Subject: [Chinese-authors] knee-high
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 01:01:00 +0200

Our departed friend seems tohave worn false hair; did you know that, Markham?
I was tempted to let the case follow the regular police routine.
I guess Ill be getting along,too, he rumbled.
Its damned serious, and from the looks of it, its goingto cause an ungodly scandal. Ave, Caesar, te salutamus, whispered Vance, grinning. Its hard to see, on account of the gold tip. Vances knowledge of psychology was indeed uncanny. I defer, of course, to your expert opinion, smiled Markham.
Thereare one or two things, he said soberly, that I think Id betterwarn you about.
The only remaining devotees of the practice are roués and saxophoneplayers. Good morning, Chief, he greeted Markham, with eager relief.
Then he looked into it closely, and a humorous smiletwitched the corners of his mouth.
I beg to differ with you, Sergeant, drawled Vance.
Living alone, I guess Benson was a littletouchy on the subject of burglars.
My olfactry gifts wont be necessry now, he said.
Heath, however, was no sycophant in the presence of his superiors. Upstairs being watched by one of the local men.
Look after these two gentlemen, will you, Dinwiddie? On seeing Markham he came forwardstiffly with outstretched hand. One of the local men found them on the endof the mantel over there. You now see, Vance, observed Markham, the importance of thosecigarette butts. In many ways heaccorded with the conventional notion of what a detective is like. I prefer the blushing rose, if you dont mind, Vance protested.
Im here to work with you, andI want that relationship understood from the outset. Merely smelling of the tobacco, he replied, with condescendingunconcern. At this point we heard the front door open and close, and Dr. The room presented an appearance of garish opulence. Theres no other wayhe could have entered.
We now reentered the hallway and stood for a moment at the foot ofthe stairs leading above. Im in a great hurry and merely dropped by tokeep my promise.
May be something in it, the latter admitted dubiously.