www-zh-cn-authors

[Chinese-authors] craft

From: Kit Childress
Subject: [Chinese-authors] craft
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 16:24:45 +0530

It faced west, was wellwatered with rain and cloud from the sea, and in general was fullypeopled. About them itseemed to fret and linger, murmuring in baby-speech.
By day the hot sun fermented us; and we weredizzied by the beating wind. These measures were not accepted quietly. The Akhua, the Arab mothersociety, was publicly dissolved.
He made nakedness of the mindas sensuous as nakedness of the body. They invented no systems of philosophy, no complex mythologies.
Semites had no half-tones in their register of vision. Such detachment came at times to a man exhausted by prolongedphysical effort and isolation. They were a people of spasms, of upheavals, of ideas, the race of theindividual genius. Hussein was honourable,shrewd, obstinate and deeply pious.
This was the circulation which keptvigour in the Semitic body. Semites had no half-tones in their register of vision.
The horizon momentarily broadened for theArabs.
The horizon momentarily broadened for theArabs.
They did not understand our metaphysicaldifficulties, our introspective questionings. The fortuitous opening of the Suez Canal enabledthem to garrison the Holy Cities.
Greater than the Ahad was the Fetah, the society of freedom in Syria. Being a manufactured people, their name had been changing in senseslowly year by year. The British left his coast open tospecially-regulated food vessels.
The horizon momentarily broadened for theArabs.
Islam in various transformations wassubjecting Africa and parts of Asia. There was a languagecalled Arabic; and in it lay the test.
They did not understand our metaphysicaldifficulties, our introspective questionings. Thetowns were just market towns, as clean and simple as ordinary villages.
Their largest manufacture was of creeds:almost they were monopolists of revealed religions.
The least morbid of peoples, they had accepted the gift of Meunquestioningly, as axiomatic. The Arabs said there had been forty thousandprophets: we had record of at least some hundreds. Turkish rule was gendarmerule, and Turkish political theory as crude as its practice.
To-day in myold garments, I could play the bystander, obedient to the sensibilitiesof our theatre . The southside was the edge of the Indian Ocean, from Aden to Muscat.