xbindkeys-devel

How to use XF86TouchpadOn as modifier key?

From: Rocky Ji
Subject: How to use XF86TouchpadOn as modifier key?
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2020 17:04:44 +0530

Hi all,

I'd like my laptop to mimic *Home* button pressed when I press *XF86TouchpadOn* + *KP_4*.

But AFAIK, modifier keys can only be one of Shift, Ctrl, Alt, AltGr, Meta, Super. Because my .xbindkeysrc isn't working as expected.

```~/.xvindkeysrc
"xvkbd -xsendevent -text '\[Home]'"
  XF86TouchpadOn + KP_4
```

Worse yet, this rcfile completely blocks KP_4, like...  I can't press it and see 4 on my screen even when I press it singularly (i.e. no other key pressed/touched).

So, how can I hack XF86TouchpadOn to work as modifier key?

Regards,
Rocky J.