xbindkeys-devel

xbindkeys is preventing program to capture the key

From: Pedro Duarte
Subject: xbindkeys is preventing program to capture the key
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2022 13:59:59 -0300

I'm sorry, I don't know if this is the right place to ask questions. It is the one I found.

xbindkeys is preventing program to capture the key

I have the following .xbindkeysrc file:

"mic unmute"
  c:64

"mic mute"
   release+m:0x8+c:64

This is basically a push-to-talk workaround using the ALT key.

However, this is preventing the Programs to capture the ALT key.

Is there a way to use ALT as a push-to-talk key, but keep it working on the programs that have shortcuts binded to it?

Thank you in advance for the help. And sorry again it this is the wrong place