xnee-devel

Re: [Xnee-devel] gnee

From: Henrik Sandklef
Subject: Re: [Xnee-devel] gnee
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 10:09:14 +0100 (CET)

> What is left to do on cnee and xnee to get them ready for gnee?

It is there now:
 http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/xnee

> How much time is estimated for completion?
>
> I don't know too much about the system, but I learn fast and I am willing
> help out if I can!
>
> Will the finished version still require xkeymouse to play back the macros
> which have both keyboard and mouse events?

You can launch the recorded Xnee session with any tool. YOu can for
example look for the successor of xkeymouse, which I am currently using
right now with "oh so super cool internet multi very many media"-keyboard!

> Is it possible to run a macro down in a term window in the bottom corner
> of
> the screen that activates mouse buttons in say a browser window at the top
> of
> the screen?  (A separate program from the one running the macro?)

You have to specify the coordinates in some way. Xnee can't figute this
out by itself.

In the new version you can write small (or large) scripts to do this.

> If so I would be interested in what kind of events need to be captured and
> replayed to make this work.  So far It has reported errors to me when I
> try
> to do this.  Perhaps I need to capture focus events or something?

Use script input....

> Any advice info or feedback is welcome.  I appologize in advance if I am
> frustrating you with questions that seem too simple.
>
> Let me know if I can provide any kind of assistance without slowing you
> down!
>
> Thanks for working on this cool project!,  Sincerely,  Barry Mead

--- www.gnu.org -----
     \  `  /
      ): :(
      :o_o: