xnee-devel

[Xnee-devel] [Fwd: AW: [sr #103871] Verifying GUI-Testresults with xnee

From: Henrik Sandklef
Subject: [Xnee-devel] [Fwd: AW: [sr #103871] Verifying GUI-Testresults with xnee using the Tool "xgrabsc"]
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 10:37:02 +0100

--- Begin Message --- Subject: AW: [sr #103871] Verifying GUI-Testresults with xnee using the Tool "xgrabsc" Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 06:34:54 +0100
Hi Veijo,

thanks for your thinking about the xnee-feature to build.
It's nice to see, that other people are interested in this feature. So xnee could be a very usefull testing tool
for X11-applications.

( sorry for my small english. i don't often use this language for speaking ore writing but most for reading.)

I think, your are right with your idea, it could be enough saving the checksum of the picturefiles to the xnee-session-file.

If allways the reference-checksum is the same to the taken screenshot while replaying the session, that is ok, but how would verify errors of your programm,
when the checksums are not identic?
If your are saving the screenshots, so you can verify a defect of your grafical interface by comparing the reference-screenshot against
the actual taken screenshot while replaying the session.
So you can see the differences between the pictures and verify, what your grafical interface has done.

The reference-screenshot is my requirement for testing.
Ok. Picturefiles can be very large on filesystem, so there could be a problem after any time.
Hm.
We could compress them while saving and uncompress them, if we need to see them.

kind regards and all the best for you

Dirk Kaplick