xnee-devel

Re: [Xnee-devel] cnee does not work when using standard input instead of

From: Veijo Ryhänen
Subject: Re: [Xnee-devel] cnee does not work when using standard input instead of real file ?
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 10:57:05 +0200

Hello,

thank you for your answer. I found that this structure seems to work too:

clickXcutselButtons()
{
cat -|cnee_binary -rep <<EOF_xcutsel.xnee
0,6,71,59,0,0,0,533851943
0,6,66,57,0,0,0,533852527
EOF_xcutsel.xnee
}

Of course my real clickXcutselButtons -function will contain hundreds of lines
xnee -recordings embedded inside shell -script.

3) Or you, could do like this:
   printf "0,6,71,59,0,0,0,533851943\n0,6,66,57,0,0,0,533852527\n" | cnee
--replay

Yes, most important thing is to remove "-f" -option completely, when using standard input
instead of real file.

You waste a lot of resources if you start xnee every time you want a
simple thing to be done. Use the script functions :)

I am planning to call "clickXcutselButtons" -function after the "main" xnee -test process is finished.
Purpose of "clickXcutselButtons" -function is to move clipboard content to selection
so that I can check that clipboard content when recorded and clipboard
content when replay are identical. This is important when using "---replay-offset x,y"
-option (because that new option turns synchronization to off -mode).
If this works, after that I am planning to change my scripts to do this thing in right, effective
and fast way ie. using xnee internal script function instead of using two completely separate
xnee -process.

Veijo