xnee-devel

[Xnee-devel] Xnee and relative mouse positions

From: Mads Lindstrøm
Subject: [Xnee-devel] Xnee and relative mouse positions
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2007 14:19:35 +0200

Hi all

I have tried to use Xnee for recording and replaying events. But if the
window is not in the same position when I record events, as when I
replay the events, then the replay do not go as expected. I tried using
the --recall-window-position option, but it did not help.

It seems that Xnee is recording absolute mouse positions. If Xnee
recorded them relative to the window that the mouse pointer was located
within, it would not matter if a window did not have the same position
when recording and replaying the events. E.g. I would like Xnee to store
both the mouse position relative to the window which the mouse pointer
is located within and the title of this window. Then when the events are
replayed, Xnee should search for a window with the recorded title, make
it active, and move the mouse pointer relative to the window which it
had just made active. This would eliminate the problem mentioned above.

Would my solution be possible?

Would my solution be desirable or I am just missing something?

Greetings,

Mads Lindstrøm