xnee-devel

Re: [Xnee-devel] xnee v3.03

From: Henrik Sandklef
Subject: Re: [Xnee-devel] xnee v3.03
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 19:58:26 +0200

Han Loo wrote:
Henrik,

Thanks for your response to my previous question.

Is Xnee v3.03 available for download?

No

The "Latest News" section of
http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/xnee/indicates that v3.03 is ready
but I don't see it under "Download" index
(v3.02 is the latest available..

... there are nightly tar balls available:

  http://itupw056.itu.chalmers.se/xnee/nightly-tar-ball/

I intend to modify xnee to take screenshots at specific intervals (based on
the recorded behavior of the mouse/keyboard) for the purpose of analyzing
user mouse movement/usage during a "typical" desktop session.

Look at the following options:

--exec-key,-ek <key>
 When pressing modifier mod and key key Xnee inserts an exec mark

--exec-program-key,-ep <programname>
 Program to start when pressing the grabbed exec key

My focus will
be analyzing mouse movement/usage as is relevant to web browsing.

In terms of where to start modifying xnee, do you have any advice as to
where I might begin?

... in the source code ;)

Xnee, when recording, is callbacked by the server. The function that gets callbacked is called:
   xnee_record_dispatch
and is located in
   libxnee/src/xnee_record.c

/hesa