xouvert-web

Re: [xouweb] patch-68 Re: website update and traffic?

From: Jonathan Walther
Subject: Re: [xouweb] patch-68 Re: website update and traffic?
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 04:34:54 -0800

On Mon, Jan 26, 2004 at 11:31:54AM +0000, Johann M. Henriquez Lucero wrote:
- the repetition of the same code in almost every page have
to be fixed (the menu headers with the links of the
website). There are already 26 pages with that, a minor
change in one, have to be changed in the 25 others.
how do we fix this? Jonathan, do we use frames to solve this?

No, no frames.  If the WWW standards committees didn't have their heads
up their nether parts, the <object> tag would work perfectly for doing
includes, so we could isolate repeated markup into separate files.

I am reluctant to use shtml in case we ever need to migrate the site to
a server where we have limited access.

Jonathan

--
                    Geek House Productions, Ltd.

Phone:   604-951-4142                           It's not true unless
Email:   address@hidden                     it makes you laugh,
Webpage: http://reactor-core.org                but you don't understand it
Address: 13685 Hilton Road, Surrey, BC V3R5J8     until it makes you weep.