xwem-devel

[XWEM]: Re: Debugging xwem

From: Steve Youngs
Subject: [XWEM]: Re: Debugging xwem
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2004 12:57:53 +1000

* Zajcev Evgeny <address@hidden> writes:

  > Steve Youngs <address@hidden> writes:
  >> Is there something I can tweak in edebug that will allow me to step
  >> through functions that are defined with `define-xwem-command'?

  > Hmm, i dont use edebug, so can't help sorry, but only one thing.  As i
  > remember edebug enters recursive mode, that can cause some problems,
  > if recursive mode is not handled by xwem, for example you have
  > `debug-on-error' set to t and while executing some xwem command error
  > occurs.  Further X events executing will not be done.  So if you have
  > no access to Emacs frame at moment you will lose control over xwem.

I suppose it is about time that I learned how to drive XEmacs' native
debugger.  I've been spoiled with edebug. :-)

It's just that I'm getting a lot of "wrong number of arguments:
read-from-minibuffer 7" errors, and I'm a bit lost without edebug.

--
|---<Steve Youngs>---------------<GnuPG KeyID: A94B3003>---|
|              Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.               |