xwem-devel

[XWEM]: Re: X communication problem?

From: Steve Youngs
Subject: [XWEM]: Re: X communication problem?
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 16:07:54 +1000

* Zajcev Evgeny <address@hidden> writes:

  > Steve Youngs <address@hidden> writes:
  >> H-x r mozilla RET
  >> H-a x
  >> $ mozilla -remote openURL\(http://localhost/,newtab\) RET
  >> No running window found.
  >>
  >> This makes `browse-url' more or less useless under xwem.
  >>

  > Yes, Steve I remember about this problem.  Very soon(in two weeks or
  > so) there(in xemacs-packages repository) will be a big commit, which
  > will include fixes that you have found and implement features we
  > discuss, and also workaround this mozilla problem.

My apologies.  I couldn't remember whether or not we had discussed the
mozilla thing.  Glad you're on top of it. :-)

  > Here is a list of planned fixes:

  >   * X Event processing reworked, due to reentrance bug in xlib.
  >   * Using backing store feature to speed up drawing.
  >   * Interactive move/resize xwem frames.
  >   * Dumping/restoring frames configuration to/from file.
  >   * Tabber keymap to switch clients and popup property menu using
  >     mouse.
  >   * xwem-rooter-auto-raised-regexp
  >   * OSD fixes.
  >   * Removing graphics-exposures in xwem faces, so no annoying
  >     NoExposure events will be generated, which will marginally
  >     speedup xwem.
  >   * xwem-time, additional things to display, for example date.
  >   * Reviewing X selections handling (to work around mozilla remote)
  >   * Others minor bug fixes.

Absolutely fantastic!

The only other thing that I can think of is the _very_ annoying bug
that disables my hyper key if I toggle numlock on.  (it's definitely
an xwem/xlib bug because other WMs are unaffected)

But I bet you're on top of that one too. :-)

--
|---<Steve Youngs>---------------<GnuPG KeyID: A94B3003>---|
|              Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.               |