xwem-devel

Re: [XWEM]: Problem with terminals and control characters.

From: Zajcev Evgeny
Subject: Re: [XWEM]: Problem with terminals and control characters.
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 09:29:52 +0400

Erik Arneson <address@hidden> writes:

> On 17-Jun-2004, Zajcev Evgeny <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Great!  That shows that bash is evil :).  Ok fix will be easy, since
>> everything that starts under xwem getting origin from
>> `xwem-execute-program', it will unset EMACS environment variable, and
>> revert value back after execution.
>
> I've attached a patch which seems to fix the problem for me.  Note that
> `comint', in its infinite wisdom, is the culprit behind the EMACS
> environment variable, and it will set it again if you try to unset it.
> To get around this, I just set it to "xwem", which seems to be all we
> need to fool bash.

Great Erik!  Thank you for further investigation of this problem.
Patch is also great, but i think we always need to set EMACS variable
before `comint-exec', because for some reason in my XEmacs 21.1.14 it
is set right away after xemacs started up to "t".  What do you think?

And Sergey, please confirm, that patch works for you too.

--
lg