xwem-devel

Re: [XWEM]: Re: xwem under cygwin

From: Zajcev Evgeny
Subject: Re: [XWEM]: Re: xwem under cygwin
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 09:07:02 +0300

Steve Youngs <address@hidden> writes:

> * Zajcev Evgeny <address@hidden> writes:
>
>   > Just a note.  It is pretty unbelievable, but xwem works under X
>   > server running in cygwin environment.
>
> My god!  Why on earth would anyone want to do that?

I'm currently compeled to work on Windows.  I was surprised that there
no compiler/editor/environment in base Windows distribution, what user
should do when he has no instruments?.  So I installed cygwin, xorg
server, xemacs and stuff.  xorg was working good, I tried xwem and it
was working, so i've got my working desktop under Windows.

> BTW, Evgeny, I can't compile xwem-ng :-(

Hmm, report it here please Steve.

For others: the thing is that Steve has obtained upcoming xwem-2.0rc1
sources and tries to make something usefull with them.  Anyone else
who want to experiment here is:

  xlib - http://lgarc.narod.ru/xwem/xlib-2.0rc01.tgz
  xwem - http://lgarc.narod.ru/xwem/xwem-2.0rc01.tgz

but it is pretty reasonable to wait till Steve's problem will be
resolved.

--
lg