xwem-devel

[XWEM]: Re: xwem-ng compile problems

From: Steve Youngs
Subject: [XWEM]: Re: xwem-ng compile problems
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 12:16:56 +1000

* Zajcev Evgeny <address@hidden> writes:

  > Steve Youngs <address@hidden> writes:
  >> Yeah, sorry, I was too busy when I wrote that.  Here it is...

  > And I'm also pretty busy to port your(actually huge :)) xwemrc.el.

If you think my ~/.xwem/xwemrc.el is big, you should see my
~/.Gnus.el...

  $ wc -l ~/.xwem/xwemrc.el
424 /home/steve/.xwem/xwemrc.el

  $ wc -l ~/.Gnus.el
1134 /home/steve/.Gnus.el

:-P

  >> But, xwem is a different story. :-(  Here's the output from building
  >> xwem...

  > i know what you did.  You fetched xwem-2.0rc02.tgz to
  > /home/steve/programming/XEmacs/packages/xemacs-packages/ and extracted
  > everything, merging stuff to exsting xwem directory, which you forgot
  > to save to some other place.

Well, if you say so.  But I know for a fact that I _didn't_ do this.

  > Why i'm thinking so?  because there is no xwem-diagram.el in lisp
  > directory in rc(but previosly it was residenting exactly in lisp
  > directory).

Correct, you've moved it to a utils/ directory.  But it is still being
compiled because...

ELCS = $(patsubst %.el,%.elc,$(filter-out $(DONTCOMPILE),$(wildcard lisp/*.el
extra/*.el utils/*.el dockapp/*.el)))

...from the Makefile.  You are telling the build system that all .el
files in utils/ are to be compiled.

  > Move your existing xwem directory to xwem0 before extraction.

I did do this.  I'll try completely removing both the old and new xwem
directories and then re-extract new xwem and rebuild.  What a moment
while I do that...

...well tie me up, paint me purple, and whip me with a giant marshmallow!
Completely removing the old xwem sources did the trick.

Now to restart X with xwem-ng and see what breaks. :-P

--
|---<Steve Youngs>---------------<GnuPG KeyID: A94B3003>---|
|                   Te audire no possum.                   |