xwem-devel

[XWEM]: Re: Bug in strokes

From: Steve Youngs
Subject: [XWEM]: Re: Bug in strokes
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 09:36:55 +1000

* Zajcev Evgeny <address@hidden> writes:

  > Steve Youngs <address@hidden> writes:
  >> [registers bug]

  > fixed!

Hehe, and you are very welcome for the fix. :-)

  >> [strokes bug]

  > I think this is issue is after-effect of bug i have found in
  > `xwem-next-event'

OK.  Let me know if there's anything I can do to help with that.

  >> [worklog issue]

  > The thing is why we need start/end because if there no bounds then
  > we can't build worklog diagram, because we don't know which part
  > of time each task takes comparing to whole time of workday.

Yes, understand.  It's pretty hard to calculate a percentage when you
have no way of determining what 100% is. :-)

  > In your particular situation you can set

  > xwem-worklog-day-start to 0
  > xwem-worklog-day-ends to 23
  > xwem-worklog-logout-auto-period 0.01 ; immediately auto logout

  > and add autologin uppon logging out

  > (add-hook 'xwem-worklog-logout-hook 'xwem-worklog-login)

Sounds like a pretty good solution to my situation, thanks!

  > However, this is not mean that worklog does not have issues, one
  > issue for example is that worklog suspects that day-ends > day-start

Not good for shift workers (people who start work at night and finish
work in the morning).  Maybe day-end shouldn't be a time (ie hour of
day), but an amount of elapsed time since day-start.  For example...

  day-start == 9 (9am)
  day-end   == 32400 (seconds since day-start == 18:00 or 6pm)

I think having the user work out how many seconds their work day is
would be a bit much.  So have the user give the number of hours their
work day is instead of the hour it finishes.

So if your work day started at 09:00 and finished at 18:00 you
would...

  (setq xwem-worklog-day-start 9
        xwem-worklog-day-length 9)

`xwem-worklog-day-length' would replace `xwem-worklog-day-ends'.

Someone who works night shift (23:00 to 07:00)...

  (setq xwem-worklog-day-start 23
        xwem-worklog-day-length 8)

  > another issue is that you can't change parameters on
  > fly. i.e. changing `xwem-worklog-day-start' after worklog started,
  > does not restart auto-logout timer.  (we should have :set custom
  > property for these purpose i think, as xwem-weather does).

`set-itimer-value' and `set-itimer-restart' are you friends. :-)

  > Anyway, thanks!

You are very welcome!

  > rc02 will be available very soon,

Great!  I can't wait.

--
|---<Steve Youngs>---------------<GnuPG KeyID: A94B3003>---|
|                   Te audire no possum.                   |