apso-devel

[Apso-devel] The refactoring/cleanup

From: Jeronimo Pellegrini
Subject: [Apso-devel] The refactoring/cleanup
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 06:33:41 -0200

Stuart, how's the refactoring going?

You didn't mention if it'll work with this: we want it to be
possible to do something like:

Cryptengine::set_default("nettle");

Cryptengine::instance(); // Returns the default instance, Nettle

Cryptengine::instance("nettle"); // Returns a specific instance
Cryptengine::instance("another"); // Returns a different cryptengine

This will be useful in the future if we want to translate one
PubRepository into another (for example, translating a Nettle
PubRepository directly into a Botan PubRepository)

(That was the idea behind directory.h) BTW, you mentioned that
you couldn't compile it; that is probably because you have pulled
revision 21053b9d7a571cd41a0ae89e750f2ef0a53efdf1, which had a
version of directory.h which caused a build failure. Please resync
and it will work)

J.