aspell-announce

ANNOUNCE: GNU Aspell 0.51-20040105

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: ANNOUNCE: GNU Aspell 0.51-20040105
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2004 23:46:20 -0500 (EST)

A Pre Aspell 0.51 snapshot, version 0.51-20040105, is now available.
Major changes in Aspell since 0.50:

  * Added support for loadable filters thanks to Christoph Hintermüller
  * Enhanced TEX filter to support recognize accent commands, such as the
    German umlaute, and to treat words with hyphenation characters in them
    as one word, also thanks to Christoph Hintermüller
  * Added gettext support thanks to Sergey Poznyakoff
  * Reworked how the dictionary is stored to take up less space (around
    80% for the English language) and be faster in some cases.
  * Reworked the build system so that a single Makefile is used for most
    of the code.

I would really appreciate it if people could test it out and report back
any bugs to the appropriate tracker at
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=245 .

Due to the changes in the build system I would really appreciate it if
package maintains could attempt to package it and report back any
problems.  Since this is a pre-release version please DO NOT replace
Aspell 0.50 with the snapshot as I do not consider it sufficiently stable
yet.  In particular, the way loadable filters are handles and the
dictionary format may change before Aspell 0.51.

The gettext support is untested so I would really appreciate it if
some people with knowledge of how gettext is suppose to work could test
it out and report any problems.

I would also appreciate it if some people could work on translations.
Currently there are outdated translates for "es" and "fr".

You can find the snapshot at
http://aspell.net/devel/aspell-0.51-20030105.tar.gz

Future snapshots will be uploaded to http://aspell.net/devel/.  It is
unlikely that I will announce every snapshot release to
aspell-announce.  So, if you are interested in following Aspell
development I suggest you subscribe to aspell-devel.

--
http://kevin.atkinson.dhs.org