Re: [can't compile the main branch]: SOLVED

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [can't compile the main branch]: SOLVED
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2024 08:55:37 +0200

Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

>>  That has the benefit of showing warnings for missing
>> requires (undefined variables/functions).
>
> As I said, there was a bunch of warnings about undefined functions, for
> my emacs version. Do you want me to send them?

If you have more than those, yes:

In bib-find-next:
bib-cite.el:944:8: Warning: ‘find-tag’ is an obsolete function (as of 25.1);
use ‘xref-find-definitions’ instead.

In end of data:
tex-info.el: Warning: the function ‘cl-member’ might not be defined at runtime.

In toolbarx-process-dropdown-group:
toolbar-x.el:886:10: Warning: in defcustom: missing :type keyword parameter
toolbar-x.el:886:10: Warning: in defcustom: fails to specify containing
group

>> Which two make processes do you mean?
>
> I mean
>
>     1. Call new process: make elpa
>
>     2. And include the old one from the master branch so that:
>        .configure+make+make install works as before.

No, certainly not.  Getting rid of all that complicated stuff no one of
the current auctex maintainers understands and which is basically not
needed anymore, is exactly the purpose of the exercise.