autonomous-discuss

Re: [autonomo.us] GNU MediaGoblin officially announced

From: Hubert Figuière
Subject: Re: [autonomo.us] GNU MediaGoblin officially announced
Date: Tue, 03 May 2011 20:53:24 -0700

On 11-05-02 11:07 AM, Christopher Allan Webber wrote:
I've already talked about it a bit on here anyway, but I'm excited to
say that we've officially announced GNU MediaGoblin:

http://mediagoblin.org/2011/05/gnu-mediagoblin-free-and-decentralized-media-sharing-in-development/

Over the last month we've been putting down basic infrastructure.
There's not really a working site yet, but I think things are going in a
direction I'm fairly confident in now.

So I can scrap that draft email I had pending.... where basically I was thinking of a distributed hosting to provide a feature set at least equivalent to Flickr (for example).

Which lead to the question:

- will it be federated?
- will it allow "pools" of content accros the various nodes in the federated network?

Just for starter.

I have also a god set of requirements (in mind) for the photo side.

Hub