autonomous-discuss

Re: [autonomo.us] GNU MediaGoblin officially announced

From: Matt Lee
Subject: Re: [autonomo.us] GNU MediaGoblin officially announced
Date: Wed, 04 May 2011 10:24:53 -0400

On 05/04/2011 10:16 AM, Luis Villa wrote:

While I hate to second-guess these sorts of things, I'd strongly
suggest using a name that is... um... a bit friendlier. Something that
suggests sharing rather than greedily hording or eating. Something
which doesn't contain the words "evil" and "mischievous" in the first
sentence of the relevant Wikipedia entry.

Otherwise this looks great, but lots of people are going to be turned
off before the get to the substance.

This is just the name of the project. Flickr and SmugMug are also dumb names. The difference here is that people will be able to set up their own installations and call it whatever they like.