autonomous-discuss

Re: [autonomo.us] GNU MediaGoblin officially announced

From: John Sullivan
Subject: Re: [autonomo.us] GNU MediaGoblin officially announced
Date: Wed, 04 May 2011 11:54:22 -0400

Luis Villa <address@hidden> writes:

> Otherwise this looks great, but lots of people are going to be turned
> off before the get to the substance.

To the extent that this is an opinion poll, I like the name. The name
Goblin does not exactly strike terror into my heart -- I associate it
with cute in a fugly way, and mischevious/trickster, which is an
appropriate name for something designed to protect our autonomy from
more organized forces. It's also associated with something that travels
in groups, like federation should.

There's no harm in having an ongoing conversation about the ideal name,
but I would hope primary focus right now would be on the code and
building the developer community, neither of which the name is
particularly important for.

-john

--
-John Sullivan