autonomous-discuss

Re: [autonomo.us] Sent from my high-horse

From: Hubert Figuière
Subject: Re: [autonomo.us] Sent from my high-horse
Date: Thu, 05 May 2011 23:24:57 -0700

On 11-05-04 12:40 PM, Matt Lee wrote:
> Sick of top-posted emails, emails sent with HTML to a mailing list, or
> poorly formatted emails in general?

That's called Gmail. Send HTML by default, and top posting. Outlook,
Hotmail and Yahoo! as well.

One would think that the geniuses on their High Horses at Google would
know better about RFC, good usage and the rest. It seems not.
(also all Google encode emails in base64 by default)

Note: I have seen a lot of people complaining about the lack of free
alternative to Gmail (they apparently like the user experience) either
as a service or installable.
I know there are plenty of webmails out there but maybe they are all
missing something.

Cheers,

Hub