autonomous-discuss

[autonomo.us] Help us keep diaspora live at poddery.com

From: Anivar Aravind
Subject: [autonomo.us] Help us keep diaspora live at poddery.com
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2013 22:52:18 +0530

Poddery.com, one of the earliest diaspora social networking host is scheduled to close on June 30th, 2013. We want to save this pod.

So we launched http://savepoddery.com

Please donate and keep it alive

Diaspora is a culture. A culture against the loss of personal privacy by the corporate social network giants. Diaspora enables you to keep your data with you and provides the flexibility to choose what you share. Since your data is stored on your own computer and not a single company's servers you are in control of your data.

Diaspora, being a distributed system, is actually a network of multiple instances of the software Diaspora. These instances are called pods. You can think of it like a mobile service provider or an email provider. One of the oldest and biggest Diaspora pod, poddery.com is at the verge of closing down. If poddery.com is shut down, it will be a great morale loss to the diaspora culture. It may create an impression that Diaspora pods are not reliable and have no guarantee to run for ever. This campaign is trying to prevent this calamity and protect the diversity. To prevent poddery from closing down so as to refuel the diaspora idea. We are planning to adopt poddery.com from its current guardian and host it ourselves. Poddery.com has 5060 estimated users as per diasp.eu statistics. It is one of the highly rated pods, with an uptime percentage of 100 according to podupti.me.

http://savepoddery.com

~ Regards

Anivar