autonomous-discuss

Re: [autonomo.us] pumped

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [autonomo.us] pumped
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 15:42:28 +0100

On 12/07/13 13:57, Kuno Woudt wrote:
> No, the word "login" is the login link.  If you see three bars you're on
> a tiny screen and the login link is indeed hidden until you click the
> three bars.  You need javascript enabled and a recent browser.

So that's another part of the new web user interface which doesn't work
without letting Google-served scripts run amok in browsers.  Javascript
shouldn't be needed (it's very frustrating having page elements hidden
and moving around if your motor control precision isn't great) and, you
know, maybe people should be able to microblog from the web even if they
can't upgrade the browser to Firefox 22 or whatever yet.

>> Secondly and show-stoppingly, I didn't see an equivalent in the API for
>> the old /mjray/all page data.  Do you?
>
> I don't know what /mjray/all does, is that your inbox?

Isn't the inbox for direct messages?  It's not that.

The /all pages on status.net shows public activity from all those to
whom the user preceding the /all subscribes.  Here's an example:
http://status.farcebork.com/tonybaldwin/all

Is identi.ca a migration or really a restart?  There's quite a lot of
other breakages: all links to dents and conversations are broken with no
redirects and it looks like links to other social network servers are
all down.

Worst of all, the "Microblog" box on http://autonomo.us/ is empty! ;-)

Regards,
--