autonomous-discuss

Re: [autonomo.us] [ANN] public-inbox - an "archives first" approach to m

From: Michel Bauwens
Date: Mon, 5 May 2014 09:26:55 -0500

Dear friends,

I would like your support for the Commons Transition Plan process in Ecuador, which includes policy proposals on open technical infrastructures,

I would really appreciate spreading the links about this project, as we need local and global support from civil society to make it happen,

here is the letter I've sent out:

dear friends,

I woulld like to gather support for the publication of the first integrated transition program to a commons-based society

This transition plan was commissioned by Ecuador and will be accompanied by more than a dozen policy frameworks to enable the creation of open commons in every domain of social activity.

The main document is here, http://en.wiki.floksociety.org/w/Research_Plan (the first paragraph explains the institutional background of the project)

and this is a version that is open to commentary and participation: https://floksociety.co-ment.com/text/xMHsm6YpVgI/view/

General info on the project is at floksociety.org ; the policy proposals are here at (https://floksociety.co-ment.com/text

I would really appreciate if you could spread this in your networks, as this is the first example of its kind,

The fight is far from over, and there is a distinct danger that the project would take a pragmatic turn around some token initiatives, while ignoring the cultural change that needs to take place around generative commons. A spanish translation to the framework document has not yet been guaranteed.

By spreading awareness of the commons transition framework you would contribute to the awareness of the context of the proposed changes.

Michel Bauwens, (FLOK research director)